|P’que GK homes.|
|P’que GK homes.|
|P’que GK homes.|
|P’que road and drainage project.|
|P’que sustains economic growth|
|Mayor Bernabe launches voice lessons|
|Parañaque school kids get free school bags and school supplies|
|Citizens laud P’que’s Free Haircut Program|
|Maynilad Improves Service in Parañaque|
|Road Widening Project in Brgy. Don Bosco|
DE LEON, GODOFREDO B
GUMABAO, RAYMOND T
Barangay Tambo is primarily a residential then a commercial community. Most of the commercial establishments and manufacturing companies are located along Quirino Avenue, MIA Rd, and Roxas Blvd. These include Uniwide Coastal mall, Pearl Plaza, Sony Warehouse, and Asia Brewery warehouse. There are also various restaurants, brokerages, commercial banks, gasoline stations, clinics and burger stands.
This once grassy place has turned out to be a center of progress, maybe because of its proximity to such important hubs as Metro Manila's airports. Almost all business establishments are eyeing Tambo as one prime location where business can be really visible. This place will be known more because of the Boulevard 2000 project of the government in the reclaimed coastal area.
One of the attractions in this barangay is the ROLIGON Mega-Cockpit, which is considered the most modern and biggest cockpit in Asia. No wonder, people from other places and provinces even the curious foreigners visit the place.
However, nature still maintains her own reserve at the Tambo mangroves located by the bay. Throughout the year, hundreds of bird species from all over the Asia-Pacific region are seen seeking sanctuary in this exclusive zone.
The hotel nearest to Metro Manila's airports, the Nichols hotel, is located in Tambo, as is Camp Claudio, a large housing community of Navy personnel.
The appropriate distribution of the living conditions or status of the families are: poor families - 35%; middle income families - 60%; and rich families - 5%. Most residents are Roman Catholics, but a relatively large sector of the population are Protestants, followed by members of the Iglesia Ni Cristo and Born-Again Christians. There are also a significant number of Muslims in the barangay. Community activities mostly revolve around religious celebrations, particularly during the Holy Week and the Yuletide season when Tambo traditionally becomes alive with colorful lanterns (parols) in the daytime and wit a multitude of Christmas lights at night.
As time went by, new barangays were created, and now, Paranaque has 16 barangays.
Barangay Tambo’s land area is 662.56 hectares including reclaimed area and the population of the entire barangay is 26,182 ( as of first quarter of 2000) and the total no. of household is 4,894 and the total no. of registered voters as of March,2001 is 16,097 + transfers. The nearest point of Barangay Tambo to the poblacion is about 2 or 3 kilometers. About 60% of its roads are cemented, 35% are asphalted and 5% are underdeveloped or abandoned.
- Pearl Plaza Mall
- Roligon Mega-Cockpit (the largest and most modern in Asia)
- Tambo Mangroves avian reserve
- Uniwide Coastal Mall
- Bayview Village - Bayview Village Homeowners' Association
- Bayview Garden Homes I – Bayview Garden Homes I Homeowners’ Associations
- Camp Claudio (residential area for Navy personnel)
- Concorde Village – Concorde Village Homeowner’s Association
- Goodwill I - Goodwill Homeowners' Association
- Sunset Village - Sunset Village Homeowners’ Association
- Villa Carolina- Villa Carolina Homeowner’s Association
- Villamar Court
- Floating Village (Coastal Rd.)
- Puyat Compound- Tambo Landless Association
- Riverside I
- Riverside II-SAMARITA, Inc. & Samahan ng Mamamayan ng Riverside III, Tambo
- Seaside Square- Seaside Square Neighborhood Association
- Bayview International Tower I,II,& III
- Eduarosa Tower
- Pacific Coast Plaza
- Tambo Elementary SchoolMain - Mia Road corner Quirino Ave.
- Kalinisan Elementary School/Tambo Elementary School Unit I - C. Santos St.
- Camp Claudio Elementary School – inside camp of the same name at C. Santos St.